Come with us on a journey this Lent to becoming more prayerful and confident disciples in daily life!
Through interviews, email reflections and prayers the Lent Challenge will provoke, inspire and offer practical tips as we grow as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- 6 - 8 March: Rev Sarah Hutton – Getting Started – creating space, place and time
- 11 - 15 March: Bishop of Dorking, Jo Bailey Wells – Praying with the psalms
- 18 - 22 March: Archdeacon of Surrey, Paul Davies – The Lord’s Prayer
- 25 - 29 March: Bishop of Guildford – Confidence in the letter to the hebrews
- 1 - 5 April: Dean of Guildford, Dianna Gwilliams – Work, rest and pray
- 8 - 12 April: Rev Matt Prior – Living Lent on the frontline
- 15 - 19 April: Archdeacon of Dorking, Paul Bryer – Discipleship in the shadow of the cross
Transforming Lent is primarily available through email. Sign up below to receive daily emails - choc full of reflections, prayers and tips.
As ever the lent challenge is raising important money for charities to help them make an indelible impact in their communities - both domestic and international.
Money raised during Lent 2019 will be split evenly between two charities:
- Bishop of Guildford’s Communities Fund (formerly the Bishop of Guildford's Foundation) who offer grants to local charities - find out more about their work
- Church Missionary Society to support their work to bring hope and change to communities in DR Congo and Tanzania - find out more (PDF)
How to give
Donations by cheque should be payable to the Guildford Diocesan Board of Finance, and addressed to:
The Bishop of Guildford’s Lent Challenge
Church House Guildford
20 Alan Turing Road
The Bishop of Guildford's Lent Challenge 2019 is on JustGiving - making it easy to donate or fundraise for the Lent Challenge campaign.
Donate to the challenge
With an account on JustGiving you are able to donate directly to the Lent Challenge through the link below.
Donate through JustGiving
Fundraise for the challenge
To fundraise for the lent challenge you need an account on JustGiving which is free and easy to sign up for. To raise funds for the challenge please click on the link below and sign in or register on JustGiving.
Fundraise through JustGiving
Once you're signed in you are then asked what you are doing to raise funds as shown below.
After selecting what you are doing you are then asked for a few more details before your fundraising page is set up which can then be shared with friends.