Parish reorganisations continue apace
During 2015 the Diocesan Mission & Pastoral Committee agreed new suspensions of presentation for East Molesey and Walton-on-the-Hill.
The committee have also recommended suspensions lifted where it was agreed that no further pastoral re-organisation was needed. These included Thorpe, Pirbright, New Haw, West Byfleet and Haslemere & Grayswood.
Pastoral schemes recommended to the Bishop by the Committee during the year were:
- East Horsley & Ockham with Hatchford and Downside, and West Horsley – the dissolution of the benefice of East Horsley & Ockham with Hatchford and Downside, and the creation of a group ministry with the two new parishes and West Horsley.The scheme came into effect on 1 October.
- Guildford Christ Church with St Martha-on-the-Hill and Shere, Albury & Chilworth – the moving St Martha-on-the-Hill out of the benefice of Guildford Christ Church to become a united parish with Chilworth.
- Alfold and Loxwood – a scheme to create a united parish, which came into effect on 1 September.
- Rowledge and Frensham – a scheme to separate the two parishes.
- Egham St John – the transfer of part of the churchyard to the PCC.
- Woodham – proposals to create a separate parish of Sheerwater were withdrawn.Consultation took place on proposals for a Bishop’s Mission Order and this is ongoing.
Secretary, Diocesan Mission & Pastoral Committee