mw__1276511479_News_Image - letterbox crop

Solemnisation of Marriages after Banns or Licence

Clergy should not normally solemnize a marriage in any building other than a Church in which banns have been published. A marriage may be solemnized in a party's own parish Church, even if banns were not published there, where the circumstances mentioned previously under the heading 'publication of banns' apply. If banns were published in a 'usual place of worship', the marriage may take place there.

Publication of Banns

Banns are to be published in the Parish Church of the parish where the parties reside....
View >>

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Romans 12:2

© Copyright Diocese of Guildford 2014 – All rights reserved.