Any places left unfilled following the recent election(s) became Casual Vacancies and can be filled by following the process below and is covered by Rule 48(2) of the Church Representation Rules.
- A meeting of the relevant House of the Deanery needs to be called advising all members of the time and date and the purpose (this can be held immediately before or after a full meeting of the Deanery Synod);
- At the meeting the Chair should ask for nominations (or send out nomination forms in advance). Each candidate must be proposed and seconded by a qualified elector, i.e. a member of the relevant House of that Deanery;
- If there are more candidates than positions to be filled then a vote is required;
- A candidate should have the opportunity to address the meeting setting out why they wish to be elected;
- The candidates should then leave the room and the vote taken. This can be done by show of hands or secret ballot - the Chair should agree this with the meeting in advance.