The Diocesan Ecumenical Officer has a number of important roles:
- To support, advise and resource all the Anglican parishes and chaplaincies in the Diocese, which work in collaboration with other Christian denominations. There are a wide variety of partnerships with the Methodist Church, the United Reformed Church, the Baptist Church and the Roman Catholic Church. Additionally, there are a number of town-wide partnerships, some of which have already signed a Covenant with others working towards a formal agreement.
- To encourage the many local Christian communities who want to deepen their relationships with Christians of other denominations, and provide the necessary practical and legal advice needed to maintain or initiate partnerships.
- To encourage good ecumenical practice throughout the Diocese, to encourage fruitful partnership in mission with other denominations.
- To represent the Diocese in Churches Together in Surrey and, where necessary, in Churches Together in England.
- To promote and implement, wherever possible, the Anglican-Methodist Covenant (signed in November 2003).
or contact the Parish Development and Evangelism Team:
Tel: 01483 484924