“Christian Stewardship is a way of life in which we regard ourselves and our possessions as a trust from God to be used in His service, for what He has done for us in Jesus Christ.”
An overflowing generosity and grace
is at the very heart of God’s character. The life and stories of Jesus show how we can live our lives in a different way characterized by wholeness and blessing. The challenge for us as disciples is to be prepared to align ourselves with ways of living and giving that release, not obstruct, the flow of God's generosity.
As a Diocese, we work alongside parishes in the following areas:
We are here to offer parishes practical support and advice through:
- One-to-one or small team meetings with incumbents, treasurers and stewardship promoters
- Presentations and discussion facilitation with PCCs and finance committees
- Training in any stewardship area
- Email, telephone conversations or via the post (no query is too small or too obscure!)
- Sharing an extensive bank of resources and pointing parishes to other materials and sources of information, examples of best practice.
Please follow the links under Stewardship & Funding on the left-hand side to find out more.
Treasurers, Stewardship Promoters and Gift Aid Secretaries will automatically receive general stewardship news bulletins from the diocese. We have also started a new quarterly capital funding newsletter, open to anyone involved in a building project in their parish. You can sign up to receive this mailing and browse our mailing archive.