Built in 1860 and steeped in history, St Andrew’s CofE Infant School (converted 1/3/2017) prides itself on being a small, nurturing school that encourages a lifelong love of learning in every child, aiming to prepare children for their next stage in their learning journeys through developing resilience, independence and perseverance.
The school, with a maximum capacity of 120 pupils, is located next to St Andrew’s Church in the cobbled streets at the heart of Farnham. The central location enables children to enjoy the town’s amenities including cooking at a nearby restaurant, trips to local shops and the Post Office as well as developing a love of the outdoors through wonderful play equipment and a new school trim trail and frequent visits to the school allotment and Farnham park.
The school’s chosen Christian values of Truth, Friendship, Love, Forgiveness, Respect, Courage, Perseverance and Creativity, inspire daily worship and permeate all areas of school life. Pupils are encouraged to develop to their full potential socially, emotionally, morally and academically by working in an atmosphere of co-operation, tolerance and awareness of the needs of others. Positive attitudes, self-discipline, independence, pride in personal achievement and that of others are prized to help build firm foundations and help pupils become responsible citizens.
Fun, creativity and exploration are at the heart of learning with dedicated and highly skilled staff who provide engaging and challenging environments for the children as they grow as learners.
Parents are encouraged to share in the learning of their children through events such as ‘Play and Stay’ and pupils’ voices are represented by the School Council which is active and fully involved in decisions made within school.
Pupils' three-word summaries:
'School, full of love
'We learn lots
'Fun, happy and exciting'
Local Governing Body