Marriage after Divorce


If you have any questions about marriage after divorce, please contact Roland Olliff, The Bishop's Chaplain at

The forms below are for use by clergy in the diocese intending to conduct a marriage after divorce according to the House of Bishops’ Advice to Clergy issued in 2002.

Bishop's Form A

Form A should be used if the marriage is to be after banns or on the authority of a superintendent registrar's certificate
View >>

Bishop's Form B

Form B should be used where a member of the clergy wishes to consult the Bishop before making a decision in a particular case. Alternatively, clergy may prefer to put their request in a letter or email
View >>

Bishop's Form C

Form C, along with other documentation, is to be used when a marriage is to be by special licence
View >>

Bishop's Form D

Form D, along with other documentation, is to be used when a marriage is to be by common licence.
View >>

Guildford Diocesan Registry

This site is designed primarily to be a source of information for all those working in the parishes within the Diocese of Guildford as well as being a portal enabling parishes to monitor the progress of their Petitions for Faculties online.
View >>

The Bishop’s guidance on marriage in church after divorce


Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Romans 12:2

© Copyright Diocese of Guildford 2014 – All rights reserved.