1 in 6 people have a hearing loss in our Diocese.
An increasing older population and longer life expectancy mean that our church buildings need to be able to welcome and accommodate those with sensory loss to aid communication.
We are looking for volunteers to:
- Be trained in the basic maintenance of hearing aids to become ‘hearing champions’
- Offer these simple maintenance sessions at existing church social events e.g. coffee mornings, lunches, afternoon teas
To be an effective Hearing Champion you will need good eyesight and good manual dexterity.
Hearing Champions Training will include:
- Checking the hearing aid is working
- Replacing the battery, battery life
- Fitting the hearing aid in the ear
- Hearing aid controls
- Use of hearing aid
- Assistive listening devices
- Communication tactics
- Outline of audiology pathways in your area
A sandwich lunch and refreshments will be provided along with an opportunity to purchase a basic maintenance toolkit.