CLERGY PERFORM THOUSANDS of emergency pastoral services in the community every year, prompting Church House Publishing to compile the essentials for pastoral ministry in a portable, easy-reference volume.
Launched on Wednesday, October 10 at St Peterâ€™s Church, Eaton Square, London, Common Worship: A Pastoral Ministry Companion includes liturgies, prayers and readings for:
- Emergency baptism
- Prayers for the sick and their families
- Holy Communion at home or in hospital
- Reconciliation services (not present in previous Pastoral Services or Ministry to the Sick volumes)
- Prayers with the dying and at the time of a death
- Prayers for use at home before and after a funeral
- Passages of Scripture and Psalms in both modern and Prayer Book versions
The Bishop of Wakefield and chair of the Liturgical Commission, the Rt Revd Stephen Platten, said at the launch: â€œCaring for the sick and people in times of crisis stands at the heart of Christian ministry. This companion will be an essential resource when a priest is offering pastoral care.â€
The elegant and discreet volume - bound in soft-touch imitation leather with two ribbons - is the ideal size for keeping to hand in a pocket, bag or car glove compartment.
Common Worship: A Pastoral Ministry Companion is published by Church House Publishing as a soft-cased hardback (with two ribbons), ISBN 978 07151 2203 7, priced at Â£20.
It is available from http://www.chpublishing.co.uk/product.asp?id=2398032 at the special price of Â£16.00 until 31st October.
Alternatively it is also available as a Kindle eBook from http://www.amazon.co.uk/Common-Worship-Pastoral-Companion-ebook/dp/B009NF75JM/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header