Six people were recently admitted and welcomed into service as licensed lay ministers throughout the Diocese of Guildford at a service at St John the Baptist Church, West Byfleet.
The newly licensed ministers are able to preach and lead services throughout the diocese in addition to their contribution in and outside of church. Find out more about the important ministry of licensed lay ministers.
Speaking at the service the Bishop of Dorking, the Rt Revd Jo Bailey Wells thanked them for their service before preaching on the call to serve and the importance of God’s ministry.
The newly licensed lay ministers are:
- Corinne Braid, Fetcham, St Mary
- Rosalind Cyphus, West Byfleet, St John the Baptist
- William Lowries, Stoke-next-Guildford, St John the Evangelist
- Judith Male, Sheerwater, St Michael
- Julie May, Goldsworth Park, St Andrew
- Margaret Stevens, Egham, St John the Baptist
More photos from the LLMs annual licensing service and celebration can be viewed and downloaded from Flickr.