The Bishop of Guildford’s Communities Fund (BGCF) exists to reach out to disadvantaged and vulnerable people across the Diocese of Guildford in the name of Christ.
Grants are offered to projects initiated by Church of England churches (and those in active partnership with them) to assist them to fulfil Goal 6 of our diocesan vision, Transforming Church, Transforming Lives:
- Together to increase the range, professionalism and spiritual fruitfulness of our partnerships with the local community, to help create a stronger, fairer and more sustainable society.
The Diocese of Guildford covers most of Surrey and parts of North East Hampshire and is generally regarded as an affluent part of the country. Across our communities, however, there are areas of real deprivation, made all the more challenging by the relative wealth of those who live nearby.
Many of our churches are already engaged in a range of community-based projects reaching into those areas and inspired by Jesus’ own commitment to the least, the last and the lost. The Bishop of Guildford’s Communities Fund is there to give them a helping hand, both with start-up grants and ongoing support.
The Fund gives grants to a range of community projects including those which:
- Support people with disabilities and mental ill-health
- Provide facilities and services for older citizens, children and young people
- Support families and disadvantaged communities
- Provide practical help for the financially challenged
- Offer training and skills programmes
For general information about the fund email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about grants email: email@example.com and for information about donating email: firstname.lastname@example.org, but please read our 'How to apply for funding' and 'How to donate' pages first.
The Bishop of Guildford’s Communities Fund is the new working name of the Bishop of Guildford’s Foundation which is a registered charity no 1017385 and a company limited by guarantee registration no: 02785207. Registered address: Willow Grange, Woking Road, Guildford, Surrey GU4 7QS. Its trustees are:
The Rt Revd Andrew Watson, Bishop of Guildford (Chairman)
Mr Michael Bishop (Treasurer)
Mrs Jo Cookes
Mr Michael Gibson (Secretary)
Mrs Debbie Harrison
Mr Richard Peters