The Good Shepherd Trust Vision
Every child and young person is valued as an individual. Our vision is to ensure that our schools provide high quality, holistic education with a Christian context for all learners enabling them to reach their full potential.
To acheive this the Trust is deeply committed to its schools and will develop partnerships across and beyond the Trust, with local authorities and others to build improvements.
What makes us different?
We create an effective climate for learning by:
- enabling children to know that they are uniquely valued
- providing a secure environment in which they can learn
- creating a clearly established framework of values
- offering childen, whatever their faith or background, the opportunity to wrestle with life’s ‘big questions’
- modelling Christian community life where all have a place and can contribute.
We set standards of excellence in teaching and learning
We acknowledge that high expectations raise aspirations of pupils and their communities and believe that professional development of staff and school leaders is central to this.
We offer a curriculum and learning environment relevant to our learners
In addition to high standards in the core curriculum this also includes learning experiences which stimulate, challenge and inspire.
We build strong and effective partnerships with parents and the local and wider community because:
- the engagement of parents/carers is vital to children’s educational achievements
- church schools are rooted in the local parish and wider church networks which provide practical and prayerful support for their schools
- children’s personal development grows through membership of community and enables them to become contributing citizens.